Top 10 Things to Do in Entebbe
Entebbe, located on the northern shores of Lake Victoria, is a charming Ugandan town often seen as the gateway to the country thanks to its international airport. While many travelers pass through, it’s worth spending a few days to explore its various attractions. This blog give you a brief of top 10 things to do in Entebbe, Uganda.
Here are the top 10 things to do in Entebbe:
- Entebbe Botanical Gardens: Established in 1901, these gardens boast a diverse range of flora worldwide. As you stroll, you might spot monkeys, birds, and butterflies in this serene environment.
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary: A short boat ride from Entebbe, this sanctuary is home to orphaned and rescued chimps. Visitors can watch their feeding times and even opt for behind-the-scenes experiences to learn more about conservation efforts.
- Lake Victoria: As Africa’s largest lake, Lake Victoria offers many activities, from fishing to sunset boat cruises. Its shores are perfect for a relaxing day out.
- UWEC – Uganda Wildlife Education Centre: Previously known as Entebbe Zoo, this center has a mission to educate the public about Uganda’s wildlife. From lions to rhinos, see diverse animals and learn about conservation efforts.
- Entebbe Golf Club: Golf enthusiasts can enjoy a round at this scenic 18-hole course, one of the oldest in Uganda. The fairways and greens are set amidst mature trees, offering a picturesque setting.
- Aero Beach: For a laid-back beach experience, head to Aero Beach, where you can relax by the lake, enjoy fresh fish, and enjoy the views.
- Entebbe Crafts Village: Shop for souvenirs and handmade crafts at this local market. From beaded jewelry to wood carvings, it’s a great place to find unique gifts.
- Snake Park: Situated close to the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre, this small park is home to various snake species, including cobras and vipers. A visit here is both educational and intriguing.
- Lido Beach: Another famous beach in Entebbe, Lido offers a vibrant atmosphere, especially on weekends. Local bands often play live music, and the food stalls serve delicious local cuisine.
- State House: As the official residence of the President of Uganda, the State House is a notable landmark in Entebbe. While you can’t go inside without an invitation, viewing its grandeur from the outside is worth a stop.
Entebbe’s combination of natural beauty, wildlife, and historical significance makes it a diverse and rewarding destination. Whether you’re in town for a layover or planning a longer stay, this lakeside gem has plenty to see and do.